Friday, February 21, 2014

New Venture: PR Prep

I'm excited to finally get to share a project I've been working on for over a year, my new venture PR Prep.  

PR Prep offers practical, interactive seminars teaching everything you need to know about working in public relations – from writing and pitching to social media and metrics. We’ll be teaching the necessary skills to find, land and succeed at a job in public relations. I’ll be pulling from my experience as a writer and magazine editor, as well as my time spent teaching public relations courses at Clemson University, to lead lecture and discussion along with my friends Vanessa and Casey, co-owners of the digital PR firm Pivot Point Communications.

A PR Prep class is perfect for college students, for those looking to make a career change, or for current professionals who need to polish their skills in working with the media or hosting an online presence. Our first mini-session (one day only) will be offered in Clemson, S.C., on March 8, and our first full session (two full days) will be held in Washington, D.C., April 5-6.

You can find more information about the company and the classes at www.prprep.com. Please also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/prprep and on Twitter @prprepDC.

I’m excited about this new venture and the chance to return to the front of a classroom to share my geeky love of grammar and passion for PR. I’d be grateful for any help you can give to spread the word and fill our first sessions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment