Sunday, March 11, 2012

Confessions

I realize it's become trendy to like things others' don't, or to shun minority opinion, but I have a few opinions that so oppose everyone else's that I usually keep them to myself. Until now, when I feel an odd need to confess.

1. I don't like Peanuts (the comic strip). The original TV holiday specials are charming, I guess, but rather depressing.
2. I don't understand why everyone is so crazy about the book Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was interesting (after 100 or so pages), but a national phenomenon? I haven't read the next books and I'm not sure I will. And don't even get me started on Twilight (yes, it's possible to read just one).
3. I don't really like spending time with children (other than my own).
4. While I enjoy bacon occasionally, I see no reason to put it in every dish or worship it as the new food craze. Bacon is just O.K.
5. I hated Titanic. And Jerry McGuire.
6. The older I get, the less interested I am in talking to or spending time with people I don't know well.
7. I really like my in-laws. I'm glad we live in town so near them.
8. I don't really like buying shoes.

I'm sure there are more, but that feels pretty good for now. I am prepared for your wrath.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a badass comment addressing all of this, and my computer ate it. So never mind. Except I agree with many of these. Harumph.

    ReplyDelete