Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Deep Thoughts on R--::cough, hack, wheeze::

I haven't been sleeping, due to what has finally been diagnosed as RSV-and-pregnancy-induced asthma. It took three trips to Urgent Care, a round of steroids, an inhaler and a round of antibiotics to get us here, and now we've added breathing treatments, cough medicine and more steroids, yet I'm still not feeling better. I haven't slept more than 1.5 hours at a time since Saturday (or Friday?) night.

During these sleepness nights, I've worked out some wonderful blog posts, including thoughts on Valentine's Day, my kid's TV habits, my computer addiction and its affect on my parenting, male vs. female reactions to illness, the new Chipotle commercial and some thoughts on organic farming, and so much more. But I'm sorry, gentle readers, I just don't have enough energy or clear thoughts to put these posts together. All brain power has gone to trying to keep the house afloat and do enough of my teaching job to not forsake my students. Please just trust that I'm a brilliant and fascinating writer when I'm composing in my wheezy sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment