Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beauty Interrupts

I was planning to regale you all with the woeful story of how awful it is to be sick while caring for a sick kid. Sylvia has RSV with a particularly stubborn cough, and I seem to have the exact same thing. We haven't slept in two nights. She is not napping much. It's been a long few days.

But just as I was gearing up to go into detail about the sheer amount of mucus being secreted around here (who knew someone so small could produce SO MUCH SLIME) and how scary it is to watch your kid struggle through a coughing spell, something beautiful came around and interrupted things.

I watched this video (an Academy Award-nominated animated short; 15 totally worth-it minutes). And it transported me. And moved me. And made me appreciate all that is good. So I encourage you to do the same. Enjoy.

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore from Moonbot Studios on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment