Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's Over

Last night, I turned in my thesis. Ten days ago, I defended it and passed with honors, which was awesome, but I was given revisions to complete. Then Thanksgiving happened (boy, did it -- took the family to Dallas for a big event) and grading built up and the revisions got frustrating and...well, let's just say I'm thrilled it's done now.

I started this degree when my daughter was three months old; she is now two. I began wanting to study business ethics; I ended researching ethics in science writing. I began unsure of the program and why I was there; I leave confident and happy with my choice. I have learned so much not only about the subject (tech writing/rhetoric/new media), but also about the world of academia and how to navigate it.

I have a million thank-yous to give to the people who got me through this degree and helped me succeed. I have a million chores to catch up on that I've ignored for two years. But for now, I have to do some relaxing. It's over. I'm done. I'm a Master. Break out the champagne.

2 comments:

  1. Huzzah! A well earned toast, to Claiborne! does this mean we have to call you Master (Mistress?) Claiborne now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RG! And yes, though many people already do. :)

    ReplyDelete